Thursday, July 28, 2011

If you build (write) it, will they come?

So my novel actually went up for purchase on one bookstore site yesterday. I sold three copies. (Thanks, Mom, and two Marine buddies -- you know who you are...)

You know, you wonder when you write something like this, toiling away for a year or more, whether anyone will find your little book, much less find it interesting enough to purchase. After all, consider all the choices. Still, you write and you write and you write...and one day, if you don't quit, you have a book.

Fellow writers are telling me I'll drive myself nuts in a few weeks when An Unlawful Order hits Amazon and Barnes & Noble. They say I'll waste hours a day, hitting the refresh button on my computer in an effort to track sales and revenue. Really? I hope not.

What I do hope for, however, is that enough readers enjoy this novel so that I have a reason to write a sequel.

Right now, sales are pretty easy to track, all three of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment